Timing: 3–5 hours
- Post a message to your team forum, proposing a definition of the design challenge of your project. Phrase your proposal in terms of the concerns it addresses and the tensions it needs to resolve between forces.
- Review and respond to the proposals offered by your team mates.
- Use a shared document, and synthesise the proposals of your team members, to suggest a common definition of your design challenge.
- Use the forum or schedule a live, online session to discuss this definition.
- Once a consensus is reached, post it to the ‘Challenge’ page of your website.
- Embed the web address of the ‘Background’ page of your project site into the discussion thread in the tutor group forum. Invite other teams to visit your site, and send a message to your tutor group forum to inform other students that you have done so.
- Visit other teams’ websites to review their context and challenge pages. Leave your comments in their discussion threads in the forum.
- Respond to any comments on your own team’s discussion thread.