Timing: 2 hours
- Browse the Google Analytics website, using the Learn more links to explore beyond the Overview article.
- Note the various types of data that are collected, and the reports that can be generated.
- If you have the opportunity, investigate whether Google Analytics are used in your workplace and, if so, what they are used for.
- Create a table in your learning journal with four columns:
- Decide which groups of people could benefit from some of the different types of data reported by Google Analytics, and make a note in the appropriate column(s).
- Write a reflective piece in your learning journal or blog about how these data could be used to generate learning analytics, together with any problems that might be associated with their use in education.
- Make reference to any occasions on which you have been presented with or had access to any of these data during your own learning and teaching, and share these experiences in the forum or in OU Live if they are not private or business sensitive.