Timing: 2 hours
- Read the OU’s policy on the ethical use of student data for learning analytics.
- Write a one-page summary of the key points in the policy.
- Aim to phrase the summary so that it would be helpful for someone in your own institution, or in an institution that you know well, who was working to develop a local set of ethical guidelines.
- There may be published guidelines that you can readily access for your chosen context. If this is the case, you can compare these with those you have written and potentially produce an ‘improved’ set of guidelines.
- Share your key points in the discussion forum or discuss them in OU Live.
A summarised document is available on my HDD. (Readings > Week 24 > Activity 20).